At A Glance
St. Benedict Classical Academy is a co-ed independent Catholic school that offers a classical education for students in Pre-Kindergarten (age 3) through Grade 8. At SBCA, we strive to cultivate intellectual and moral virtue in the pursuit of academic excellence, in a joyful and faithful Catholic environment. At SBCA, students enjoy the merits of small class size, with low student-faculty ratios across all grades.
- Founded in 2013 by families seeking an authentically Catholic education for their children.
- Received Catholic school status from the Archdiocese of Boston in 2015.
- Opened a Montessori-inspired Early Learning Program in 2018.
- Four buildings spread across South Natick Center, including the historic Harriet Beecher Stowe House on Pleasant Street
- Currently building on thirteen acres of land a mile up the road from our current Schoolhouse.
- 41 faculty members, 40% hold advanced degrees
- Student/faculty ratio is 7:1
- Our faculty have a variety of educational backgrounds, including Thomas Aquinas College, Catholic University of America, Notre Dame, Providence College, Boston College, Seton Hall, Wake Forest, Quinnipiac, Franciscan, St. Anselm, Johns Hopkins University
- Classical, Catholic education curriculum
Average class size: 17
- Latin formal education starting in Grade 3
- Grade 6-8 students excel at the National Latin Exam. (In 2023, two students received magna cum laude certificates and two received cum laude certificates.)
- Benedictine Guild, in-school enrichment opportunity for students in Grades 5-8
- The school year begins after Labor Day and ends the first week of June.
- Our school day is 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
- We offer optional before-school care for students starting at 7:15 AM, and after-school care until 5:00 PM.
- Sports enrichment opportunities, such as Cross Country and Basketball
- Co-curricular opportunities, such as Drama Club, Speech & Debate Club, French Club, violin and piano lessons, American Heritage Girls
Tuition & Tuition Assistance
- Tuition for the 2023-24 academic year:
- K – 6 Tuition: $11,650
- Pre-Kindergarten Tuition:
- 5 Full Days (8:00 AM – 3:00 PM): $12,500
- 3 Full Days M/W/F: $9,000
- 2 Full Days T/Th: $7,000
- 39% of families receive need-based tuition assistance
- In 2023-24 over $725,000 was awarded to families, with an average award amount of $7,000 per student.
- 137 families (255 students) come from 38 towns across two states. Some drive over an hour-long commute, such as Scituate and North Oxford, and many families live locally in the MetroWest area.
- More than half of our families have been with us for over 3 years